The BLOC will unite Blockchains in best practices creating a safer space for consumers. The BLOC serves every blockchain community by highlighting and collaborating with projects that adhere to the BLOC Constitution, Values, and Standards.
The Mission of the Blockchain Leadership Oversight Council is to provide a voluntary and independent framework of the best practices for actively managed Blockchain companies to aspire to.
The BLOC is made up of exceptional projects and individuals. Below are a collection of the founding members and their roles within the BLOC. This does not represent a comprehensive list of BLOC members.
Meet The Team
The BLOC strives to protect cryptocurrency projects and investors through education and self-regulation. This is achieved by setting a standard for cryptocurrency projects to strive towards:
- Free audits conducted by the BLOC
- Setting out a Constitution that recognizes the following consumer rights:
- The Right to Know
- The Right to Disclosure
- The Right to Access
- The Right to Progress
- The Right to Accountability
- The Right to Financial Disclosure
- The Right to Neutrality
- The Right to Ecosystem Support
- The Right to Security
- The Right to Technical Proficiency
- Conducting regular meetings with BLOC members and advisors to discuss and help overcome challenges that projects, investors and Blockchains are facing.
- Celebrating projects and individuals that lead by example and demonstrate what it means to be a ‘good player’ in the cryptocurrency space.
Cryptocurrency projects have the choice to join the BLOC as members and contribute towards the self-regulation of the industry. Alternatively, they may choose to utilize the standards set out by the BLOC to uplift their project. Either path taken will help protect investors and help improve the relevant blockchain.
All current and future BLOC general assembly members are required to satisfy the following expectations:
- Pass an audit conducted by the BLOC.
- Abide by the BLOC’s Constitution, Code of Conduct, Bylaws, and Values.
- Attend at least 1 meeting per 60 Calendar Days. (Not Including Holidays)
- Be regularly in contact with the BLOC, as well as their own community.
- To demonstrate the BLOC’s values of integrity, transparency, stewardship, accountability, respect, honor and camaraderie.
- To not undertake, or be associated with any activity that violates our Constitution, By-Laws, or Code of Conduct.
Furthermore, the BLOC will help mentor a select number of projects to meet the set standards in order to raise the bar for industry norms. The BLOC will also release regular educational and celebratory posts to the community through means such as Twitter, the website, interviews, and articles.
HOW TO JOIN THE BLOC
BLOC General Assembly Membership is reserved for cryptocurrency projects. In some cases, outstanding individuals will be granted an exception to become a BLOC Member. Individuals are encouraged to join the BLOC Experts Channel, whether or not they have ambitions to be a Member, as they can add value by contributing towards discussions as well as acting as advisors. Individuals that desire to be a BLOC Expert should use the Contact Form and Choose “Onboarding Questions”.